Monday, August 25, 2008

School's Back!!! Can I get a AMEN?!

I know you are all thinking the same thing! (It's the most wonderful time of the year!) I really do love my kids, but today was the greatest day.....they went back to school. I really am the SUPER MOM!!! I planned the morning perfectly...I got the kids up at 7:45am (after snoozing my alarm since 7am). I made them the breakfast of champions (Cookie Crisp for Alyssa and an Eggo for Matthew, I should get brownie points for making 2 different dishes!). School starts at 9am so we were out the door at 8:55am. I walked my kids to school! (from the car parked in front of the school of course! I'm not that crazy with 4 kids!) The Kids were so excited to go back to school (probably sick of being home with mean mom all summer). They were all for poses at the house!
Matthew striking a pose
Alyssa all stylin'
Outside the school they were ok for pictures until we started to see friends. I told them to let me take the pictures because I had to blog them! (Notice miss "Flash Dance" Mckenzie in the back)
Alyssa started getting a little impatient with me flashing the pictures (MOM!)
But Matthew let me take a few more!
Here is Alyssa telling me to hurry up so she can go (sniff sniff growing up so fast) Flash Dance had to join the photo, she was feeling a little left out with the pictures. (I could only get the 2 older ones ready that fast, she got herself ready, you're lucky she's wearing pants!)
OK now Matthew was starting to get sick of the pictures (more like embarrassed) I was the crazy mom with the camera. (I have to have pictures to blog)
He was so mad that I came in the classroom to take his picture while he was at his desk! Then I went dancing out of the room because I was down 2 kids for the day!!!!! They really did have a fun first day. Matthew said He liked eating lunch at school but the day was long. Alyssa was excited because she gets to do some detective thing for her class. It was a good day!!!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

"Flash Dance" I love it! Ha ha ha! Oh you're sooooo lucky that you've got 2 kids in school full time! Ethan starts preschool in a week and I'll be dancing a jig of my own soon!

Jamie said...

Cute pictures, Ashley! I also laughed pretty hard at "Flash Dance". I am loving life with one in school, but will love it more when Paisley starts preschool next week! And, I can't believe how grown up Alyssa is! :)