Friday, August 8, 2008

Is it a Hobo Spider???

*******WARNING********* These are gross pictures if you don't like spiders!!!!!
I first need to explain why I even caught this spider in the first place. My friend called me and told me "you have to see this spider we caught it is huge!" So she brought it to me and I was like oh that's a wolf spider, I get those all the time bigger than that. I told her if I saw one I would catch it and shoe her (thinking Justin would be home to catch it). So I go down my stairs yesterday and my spidey sence kicked in and I knew there was one there. Sure enough this bad boy was there. I knew it as bigger than the one she caught so I got a cup and hurried and caught it. It was so gross! So I tried to call her to tell her to come see and could not get a hold of her. So I have this spider trapped on death row waiting to hear from her. When I finally showed her, her words were "Holy Crapola, that's bigger than a quarter!" So later that day I was walking up the stairs and there was another one!!! (I killed it with Justin's big tennis shoes on my feet) I was like "That's it! I'm calling the exterminator" Because there was one the night before on the floor crawling toward Carson. I am posting these pictures so that people don't think I am being sarcastic when I say I find HUGE spiders in my house. So why do I ask if it is a Hobo?????
The guy comes to spray my house today and I told him he had to see the picture of the spider I caught. He saw it and said "oh that looks like a Hobo" ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!! That grosses me out so bad! I have been looking all over the internet for pictures and there are some that look like it and others that don't. So tell me if you think it is a Hobo spider or a Wolf spider or another one. Either way they will all be dead soon enough!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Ashley you are so friggin funny. I love your blog! I'll have to research the Hobo thing. We had them on my mission in Idaho, but I killed them before I looked too closely! :)

Tamara said...

Jared is standing behind me looking at that spider and he says it's definitely a wolf spider. Totally harmless, just gross. Oh, he's saying they are actually quite beneficial because they eat other insects. Rest easy!