Thursday, February 19, 2009

Braces...

Alyssa got braces put on yesterday. She is not very excited about it. I went to check her out of school and she said that her stomach started feeling funny when they called her. I told her it was just her nerves. When we got there, they took us back, (it's cool, I have never been to an orthodontist before, they let you sit and watch everything!) They got Alyssa ready to put the brackets on. She told me before we went that she was not going to choose a color, that she wanted everything to be clear. I told her that the brackets would be silver so not all of it would be clear. She didn't like that response very much. So they handed her the color pallet and asked what color she wanted....She chose Teal, she said, "I chose that color because it is the closest color to ice blue, my favorite color"
She would not let me take any pictures of her. I begged and she said, "ok, but don't put them on your little blog!" So I didn't take any so that I could respect her and not put it on here, it would be tempting if I had pics. So after she gets them on, we were making her next appt, and she is complaining about pressure on her front tooth. We asked the Dr. and he said it was normal. So while we were driving home, she goes, "Something just popped!!!!, I felt it!" she moved her lips up and down, so I just thought it felt weird to her and so she was being drama. So I told her she would get used to the feeling. So we keep driving and she says, "now I'm going to be more shy, and never talk and I'm not going to play with my friends" I said, " you are being silly and if you keep saying that I will not get you an ice cream". I'm mean. She changed her attitude and we got her a brownie earthquake from Dairy Queen (probably not the best thing with braces!! There wasn't any caramel) She is starting to do better now. I am hoping that she will let me take pictures soon. When she does I will post them. She looks cute.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I thought I was so cool when I got my braces on! Times have changed! So did something really pop? Did a bracket come loose! I can't wait to see her!