Saturday, December 6, 2008

Black Friday...I know it's been a week sorry!

Every year I tell myself while standing out in the freezing cold, "I am never doing this again......." and yet I find myself out standing in a line somewhere (for a toy my kids will probably only play with until Christmas break is over) at 3am. Why do I do this? I'm crazy. Now I am not one of the crazy's that camps out for 2 days to get a computer! (BEST BUY!) But I do run in to the store hands up screaming and bashing people to get to my precious item that I searched for in the ADs the night before for 4 hours. (Ok, those that no me know that I would never bash into people I just added that for fun)

This year we decided to only hit one store and AD match, that's right, we went to Wal-mart! I live behind what I thought was the only 24 hour one in the area. Nope, there is another one that "not many people no about so it is LESS crowded" up the street. So since I was so smart and thought to only have to drive to one place and AD match why not go into the 24 hour one and not stand in the freezing cold, we went to the "less crowded Wal-mart". It was so ridicules that I will never go again (until next year). We get inside, and people are already in line sitting on the floor or camping chairs with their carts filled and ready to check out at 5am. THEN there were people all around waiting for things to be able to put in their carts by roped off areas. Yeah they let some people put things in their carts and get in line, and stopped it at some point. You couldn't even move. I looked at my family (Sister-in-law, Brother-in-law, and nephew) and said I am not this desperate, lets go to the other one. So we left and drove by our 24 one (3:45am) it was a zoo. NOPE not stopping there either. So we drove to a Wal-mart that opens at 5am. So there we are standing out in the freezing cold once again. But I do have to say that is the best Wal-mart to go to for the Black Friday sales. There was a line to get in of course, but everything was easy to get to, the only big crowded area was electronics and that's expected anywhere (gotta have those TV's). We checked out at 6:30am and were able to find and AD match everything we went out for. (except the computer I wanted from Best Buy-but I will pay the extra $200 not to camp for 2 days) After the fun at Wal-mart we went to Sam's club and ate complimentary breakfast, which is actually pretty good and filling. Since we were there I felt like I needed to buy something for eating their food. After finishing up we went home and felt great because we only needed a couple more things and we're done. I am trying to post a video of the shopping on here, because I forgot my camera so that I could have pictures to blog. I hope it works.

No comments: