Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mckenzie's 1st day of preschool!

Mckenzie started 3 year old preschool yesterday. She has been so excited to go to school. At the beginning of August she received her post card from her teacher. She has been asking since then if she can go to school. So here we are a month later and she is finally going! I don't have to keep hearing "can I go today" repeated 20 times a day. We got to the school and she was ready to go in but didn't mind standing around for those poses.
I was trying to get a picture of her going down the stairs from behind but she turned around because she loves to be the center of attention in pictures!
She went right into the class and sat down and Aunt Sand was passing around "Poopsie" the hamster for the kids to hold. The story is, Poopsie doesn't like mom's and dad's so she won't come out unless they leave (it helps the kids tell their parents to leave so they can see the hamster). So she put Poopsie in a cup and passed her around so the kids could look at her.
Here is Mckenzie with Poopsie, but she wouldn't pop her head out because I was there, so I had to leave! I peeked around the corner as I was leaving, and Poopsie had her head sticking out of the cup looking at Mckenzie.
I went I picked up Mckenzie after school and she was just a little happy camper! She had so much fun. They learned about the number 1 and about how the leaves turn colors and fall of in the Fall.
Here is a picture of 2 of her teachers, Mrs. Thompson on the left and Aunt Sand on the right, and a few of the girls. I have to tell this story. Mckenzie does this thing now where she can never hear you, she always says "I can't hear you!" until you pretty much yell what you are trying to say (Maybe I should get her hearing checked!) So Sandra tells her, tell mommy what song we learned, Mckenzie kind of just sat there, so Sandra gets down in her face and whispers "the Wicked Witch" and Mckenzie looks at her and yells in Sandra's face "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Sandra looked shocked for a second and then laughed. I was a little embarrassed but it was funny.

1 comment:

ellisboys said...

at least your would pose for the pictures!