Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Am I insane?!

Matthew's birthday was this past week and we had a birthday party. Sound like fun! Matthew decided he wanted to have dinner, play water games & watch Transformers. I thought, sounds great. So in my planning, I am trying to figure out how much time we will need. I decided to do the party from 5pm to 9pm. (yeah, you read the time correctly). We bought invatations that had 8 in the pack, so I let him invite 8 friends. (yes you are adding the math correctly) Add it all up and we have a party of 9 6 year old boys for 4 hours! Yeah! I am taking my finger to my lips bubububububu!!!!! What the heck was I thinking!
We started with dinner (5:15), all the boys were excited and loud, then we went outside for water fun (5:30), that was fine, they had a water balloon fight, went down the slip'n'slide, and swam in the pool until they were ready to be done (6:15). Then they did presents (6:30), after that we sang happy birthday and had cake while all 8 of the boy preceeded to sing "happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo, you look like a monkey, and you smell like one too!" repeated 20 times at the top of thier cute little lungs. this went untill about 8pm when I finally called all the parents to tell them I was crazy for having a 4 hour party and had them all come to get them.
I felt bad for ending early, but I couldn't do it anymore! The good part is they all had fun and that's what matters!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Ashley! I think your page is looking great! Good job! It was fun hanging out with you guys last night...I sure love that sweet little guy of yours (Carson, not Justin!) We have a blog too, so check it out!

ellisboys said...

yes you were crazy but they had fun, thanks so much, your blog looks great!